Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Staying Warm


Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am pretty versatile when crafts and creating are involved.  I can never seem to stay with the same medium all the time.  Of course, I know that anyone that has visited my store or read my bio, knows that is true.  Anyway, you would also know that I just cannot resist the yarns that I see in the stores, especially the discount stores.  They seem to be some of the most fun.  I always wonder, as I am picking them up, not having a clue what to do with them, but knowing something really cool will come from these colorful skeins, "now what happened to make these goodies unwanted". I try very hard not to buy too much, because, I would probably find out why, no one bought them all.  Anyway, I just wanted to share my latest additions to my shop.  Unlike jewelry that can warm your heart, my knitted scarves can warm your body.  I hear that it is only going to get colder out there.


And now for some other cool news. I also want to give a plug to a new on line venue especially for us starving artists.  There is a new and affordable store site for handmade artists to sell your wonderful products.  Introducing the Handmade Artists Shop.  Only $5.oo per month to sell unlimited items, with no listing fees or sales fees.  There are also a bunch of benefits, such as an entire forum that can help you with any needs including store critiques, FAQ's, and help setting up your store.  There are also benefits such as sales and page visit reports, automatic shipping price and tax configuration.
I have yet to actually play with all the options in my store at HAF, but there are a bunch.  You can use html in your descriptions for greater personalization, and your listings can show original and sales prices so your customers can see their immediate savings when you are having a sale.  You can also choose whether or not you want your item featured on the front page of the store and you can mark your items as Hot Deals.  Even in the short time that I have been selling in this new venue, I can tell that this is going to be the next generation of DIY sales, and soon going to be one of the hottest handmade sales sites on the net.  When you become a member, your input can even help to build and grow the site.  Even if you do not choose to sell with us, which I cannot see why not, at least check this great new site out. Heck check out all the HAF sites. 



Handmade
HandmadeHandmadeHandmadeHandmade

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see someone else that can't resist the "I can make that" voice in their head! I love your work as always-especially because it is freezing! Also, thanks so much for the HAFshop and forum mentions!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

Wow great post thanks for the write up, and those scarfs look warm